Thursday, October 18, 2007

two things.

i kicked through the leaves yesterday. bright yellow and gold ones. walked along, scuffing my feet, sending them flying crunchily in front of me. I've never done that before. I would shudder when other kids would do it in the school playground, picking my way carefully across. I was always afraid of what might lurk beneath. scared of the unseen.

last night there was a huge round of shouting and banging from next door. "How DARE you say that??!!" he kept repeating. then silence.

3 Comments:

At 10:08 am, October 18, 2007, Blogger Her Imperial Majesty said...

I love kicking through the leaves. the only thing that lies beneath anything that i'm scared of is the size of my bottom though!
good on ya.

and really ladies, i think we dare say anything, because we're phenomenal women, as Maya Angelou once said

xx

 
At 9:59 pm, October 18, 2007, Blogger Lisa said...

My son loves to kick up the leaves. He loves that crunchy sound. Always has. So we do that often.

I hope everything was ok at your neighbor's house.

 
At 7:10 pm, October 22, 2007, Blogger Mrs. G. said...

Next stop...raking up a big pile of leaves and jumping right in the middle. Baby steps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

Technorati Profile