Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I love my pets but

I just glanced down and saw a flea on my shirt.

I’m sitting at my desk. In London. Over 100 miles from the dog, cats, fish or guinea pig.

I haven’t been anywhere near my pets (or anyone else’s) since yesterday morning.

I don’t know what to do. If I was at home I’d pinch it between thumb and finger and plunged it into a glass of water, since I can never squish them between thumbnails like S can.

I tried to pluck it surreptitiously from my left breast, but it scarpered. I couldn’t even jump up and start searching for it since I have a young intern chap sitting exactly to my right, and an account exec sitting opposite me this afternoon for some mentoring.

I’m surrounded.

They both think I’m typing something very grown up and important.

I have Fleas! This flea (and his friends, presumably) came all the way to London, to work yesterday, stayed at Maj’s house last night and came to work again today.

Help!

6 Comments:

At 11:03 am, October 11, 2007, Blogger Her Imperial Majesty said...

Dude, if i find a flea in my bed...
i may go totally round the twist...

that said, if you flick one into someone's hair that i don't know who is far from me, i might smile in a schadenfreude kind of a way, so i guess i deserve one in my bed.
ewww, i feel a bit infested now...
but seriously, did you find it?

 
At 3:34 pm, October 11, 2007, Blogger Cristina said...

OMG, I am so sorry! Do you really have fleas? I don't have any advice but just sending ((hugs)) your way. I hope they leave soon.

And btw, this could totally happen to me too - I have two pets and they bring in all kinds of stuff. Ick.

 
At 12:01 am, October 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I'm scratching.

 
At 4:48 am, October 15, 2007, Blogger Mrs. G. said...

I think you should have gone for the flea...wild flailing and groping. You could have created quite a stir at the water cooler.

 
At 2:00 pm, October 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't panic until you find a second flea. Then...you have my permission.

 
At 6:31 am, November 02, 2007, Blogger Debbie said...

oh, dear GOD. ew.

(totally been there.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

Technorati Profile