Friday, January 05, 2007

I'm no expert, but if I were selling a house like this


I would not use this


and this


As the only two other pictures on the brochure.

And I like novelty teapots as much as the next person.

Truth is that this house needs rewiring reheating reroofing recellaring and redesigning to return it to anything remotely like its former resplendence ( i don't care if it's not a real word). And it's in an area described by local authorities as 'disadvantaged', which means that schools and other services are poor. This house is a mess inside. it has been turned into flats and back into a house twice. There are doors in funny places, the downstairs is a warren of kitchens and toilets. It feels a tenth the size it looks from the outside.

This goes someway to exaplining the agents choice of pictures. But. Still. Really!

6 Comments:

At 10:21 pm, January 05, 2007, Blogger Andrea said...

Ha! That's funny. Love the second picture.
I need to invite you to my blog, which I had to make private (story explained on my blog). But I don't have your email address. So can you email me at: redrollerskateblog@yahoo.com
Ok, thanks!

 
At 11:28 pm, January 05, 2007, Blogger Taxmom said...

Hi dodo - it's taxmom responding to your response on my blog a day or two back. I actually responded to your comment on my blog, so check back if you want to read it. (It won't change your life I'm sure, but you were the very first commenter on my blog who is not directly related to me so I feel honored.) Definitely agree with you about the house.

 
At 3:34 am, January 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A warren of kitchen and toilets.

Hee! They should totally use that in the sales brochure.

 
At 12:55 pm, January 09, 2007, Blogger Kristin said...

Hi-

I was just checking my Amazon.com account and it shows your book as still "undelivered"!!
Have you had any notes or anything from your delivery person?
I am following up on my end but I am SO SORRY... I don't know what the problem is and I feel sort of like a big dope...

 
At 5:50 pm, January 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe they just don't care about selling the house...?

 
At 6:29 pm, January 11, 2007, Blogger dodo said...

I hadn't considered that! We've been to see it and had a chat with the couple who've been living there for over 30 years. they've got their eye on a cute new build on the other side of the road.

There's velor wallpaper. Burgundy velor wallpaper. and plastic folding toilet doors. that may have something to do with it too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

Technorati Profile