Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Ahhhhh. You know that whispering that happens? The whispering in huddles, corners, around water coolers. The whispering that stops when the lift doors open? The whispering that you try not to get paranoid about. That special kind of whispering that happens when there’s uncertainty and people are dividing into camps. The whispering that continues between two of your colleagues, even though there’s no one else on the entire floor except you?
I think a choice I made is coming back to bite me on the arse. A few months ago my job changed. I had the option to change boss. I chose to change because the alternative person had skills I wanted to learn and a working manner closer to my own. Stupid me. Now my boss has been restructured away, and my original boss, the one who was so professional about my switching before that she has barely spoken to me since, is in charge of deciding which of the rest of us gets to stay, and what we do if we do.
Am trying to rise above it. But it ain’t easy.
I HATE NOT KNOWING WHAT’S GOING ON!!!!!!

I need to calm down.

3 Comments:

At 6:46 pm, January 17, 2007, Blogger Debbie said...

whispers frighten me, because they make me more paranoid than a kilo of weed could.

I only have hugs to offset the irritation. and some cocoa.

 
At 4:53 pm, January 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate being a peripheral person when decisions are being made. I'm wishing the best for you right now.

 
At 6:42 pm, January 18, 2007, Blogger dodo said...

thanks for the cocoa and good wishes.

we were NOT designed to be on the periphery of anything - we're the centre of the universe!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

Technorati Profile