Friday, December 22, 2006

Yes? And you are?

This is Ken. [aside: She's a girl. Short for Kilkenny. She's 11. One lung. Heart in wrong place. quacks.] Ken has always been sensitive of stomach and regularly throws back her food before it's even semi digested.
Almost always she does this on the wooden floor or kitchen lino of the various places she and I have lived over the last decade or so. We've hardly ever fallen out over it.

However.
After I cleaned the carpet in front of the fire last week she has proper puked on it three times. Three.

The thing is. This week I scored a major triumph over the snooty 'sales' (although I seriously doubt they call themselves that) 'people' (And I have trouble with this term) people in Laura Ashley home furnishings by getting them to admit they'd messed me around when I tried to reserve soemthing in their christmas sale, having already bought one or two other things. I am now the proud owner of a new hall runner. it actually matches the paintwork. this is a first for me - having actual coordinated decorative items. it's a big deal. all grown up and wotnot. And in the sale. And with an extra reduction. People will write songs about it.

So. Ken and I have been having a little chat. She is not amused.


Elsewhere. And I really hardly have the energy to go into the why's and wherefors. but suffice to use the following references:

Mother in Law

Christmas

Schedule

Understanding

Mis

Control Freak

Invertibrate

Son

There. you get the picture.


More importantly and with extra added tassels - new hat for the offspring:

And walking her grandpa's dog last week. (dog v old and arthritic otherwise clearly would not let her have sole responsibility for lead - fret not)




There's a bunch of other stuff going on. work is looking very much like it won't be work any more. I haven't begun to process how I feel about it. This week has been horrible, as people who would ordinarily have been saying, bye, see you in the new year, were just saying bye. Sucky time of year to be doing this to people. The goodbyes have included the one good friend I'd made since joining, although she's already got a great new position (just as well since she gets married in january). My boss is staying on til February. It makes me really tired to think about it.


I'm not working between christmas and new year. HURAAAHHHHHH. so will try to get round and read what you've been up to in the last month. Might have some lovely beach pictures, too, to warm up thoe of us in northerner northern hemisphere, if I can only get the camera working again and willing to talk to the pc.



May your reindeers be snuggly and bright.

And may the fan in your oven be consistent (because that's a whole other story.) (along with the one about me running out to buy a new freezer yesterday)(rolls eyes. opens and closes mouth soundlessly. raises hands in despair. grimaces apologetically)

3 Comments:

At 2:12 pm, January 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for new hall runners and yay for kids who are so cute (love that hat) you could eat them up with a spoon! Hope the job thing gets straightened out soon.

 
At 1:33 am, January 04, 2007, Blogger Cristina said...

Sorry to hear about your cat. My cat's been having little accidents lately too so I feel for you - and the kitty!

p.s. love the pictures of your kids. Very cute hats - both of them!

 
At 1:34 am, January 04, 2007, Blogger Cristina said...

Oops. I should have said love the picture of your daughter with both of her hats. Especially the reindeer one. Very cute :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

Technorati Profile