Saturday, November 18, 2006

Anyone trying not to climb walls with sleep deprivation may want to look away now. (Deb - that means you, honey. Step away from the post!)

Something is about to go horribly wrong. I may have to spend the rest of the day very very quietly in the corner of the room trying not to attract the attention of THE FATES/GODS (you choose) because something definitely needs to balance out here.

1. Offspring (3) woke at gadawfuldarkandearly o'clock. I went down to her room and, instead of bundling her up and bringing up back in bed with us (where, granted, she would try to keep quiet and still for about ten minutes before demanding "warm goats milk in a pooh cup"), i told her it wasn't morning yet, that she's just woken me up with her calling, and that she should try to go back to sleep. She said she couldn't/didn't want to. And I don't know where this came from, but I said, well, shall I pass you a couple of books, then maybe you could read quietly for a while?

She did not call out again until 8 o'clock. 8 O'CLOCK, PEOPLE!!!!!

2. I got a mobile phone bill this morning. It's my second one with a new service and it was way over, nearly double, in fact, what I was expecting it to be. I called them. I spoke to an actual human person. An actual human person who went throguh my bill, said he could clearly see there had been a mistake somewhere, and said he'd fix it. ANd you know what? He fixed it. He apologised for the error and inconvenience. He knocked a discount off my NEXT TWO BILLS. He added itemised billing to my account, for free, so I could interrogate the next one to satisfy myself that it hadn't happened again and that he had altered what he'd said he would alter.

So. It's been really nice, all this. Nice getting to know you all. Reading your posts and having you visit me here and so forth.

If you don't hear from me again it's because a grand piano, attached to a giant anvil with "ACME" emblazoned on the side has fallen from the sky, and that I am now pancake flat on a pavement somewhere.

That's all folks! (Cue music)

1 Comments:

At 10:00 am, November 21, 2006, Blogger Her Imperial Majesty said...

Marked contrast to Orange who are kindly making me pay for the thief who stole my phone's various calls to IRAN for over an hour, during the period before the phone was cut off. and i had to hold for AN HOUR to find that out. HOWL. the VAT is nearly 70 quid.

right. Back to you, huzzah for great service.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

Technorati Profile